History of the Sacandaga Lake
The Town of Edinburg website provides an informative history of the Great Sacandaga Reservoir, later named the Sacandaga Lake. There are numerous other locations to read up on the history of the lake, a few of them are listed below.
The following PDF file shows the Sacandaga Valley before it was flooded and includes original land owners. Please be patient downloading, tt is a large file and may take some time to load.
The double lane covered bridge at Fish house,
built in 1918, destroyed in 1930 by rising waters
during the filling of the Sacandaga Reservoir.
Photograph from the Northampton Historical
Society Thomas Tillot Archives